- THE ENTIRE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT SCENE oh my god, it killed me the first time i read it, i couldn’t believe it was happening. when crabbe and goyle just want to do harry in and malfoy’s like DON’T FUCKING KILL HIM (shockingly, not verbatim) and then harry’s all heroic and saves draco’s life and, of course, the crowning glory of “malfoy was screaming and holding harry so tightly it hurt.” lmao bury me
- malfoy manor!!!!! draco and harry in this chapter oh god oh god the fact that draco 100% knows it’s harry, come on, he’s not fucking stupid, and he just WILL NOT SAY IT. and the whole “[he] seemed as scared of looking at Harry as Harry was of looking at him” like this kid does not want to be the one to hand the boy who lived over to voldemort, no thank you, he’d really rather not. and then harry throws himself over an armchair and wrestles control of the elder wand away from draco. what a pair of dunces
- harry rejecting draco’s handshake dun dun duuuunnn. what an iconic moment. and, in retrospect, absolutely tops. draco has been such a little shit from the beginning, amazing. the way he desperately wants to be harry’s friend but pretends to be really unimpressed, like, SO IT’S YOU, IS IT??? when clearly he’s shaking in his little boots. so uncool. if it wasn’t for crabbe and goyle he’d get beaten up every day of his life.
- draco babbling on about harry in borgin and burkes and lucius being like “you’ve told me this ten fucking times” like i can just imagine him lying with his head in narcissa’s lap being all dramatic and consumptive because their son fancies harry potter and it’s /terrible/. and omg draco though “he’s not even GOOD it’s cos he’s FAMOUS for having a stupid SCAR everyone thinks he’s so SMART wonderful potter with his BROOMSTICK” child you are killing me. why don’t you just pull his pigtails and push him over draco really
- HARRY STALKING DRACO was honestly one of my favourite parts of the series as a whole. the first time i read the line “meanwhile, harry was rapidly becoming obsessed with draco malfoy” i think i momentarily transcended the mortal coil. watching him on the map, staring at him across the hall, talking nonstop to ron and hermione about whether he looked well and how evil he potentially was and if he had a dark mark and ron and hermione being mildly distraught over harry’s rampant obsession and potential sexuality crisis. beautiful. so beautiful
- draco crying in the loo. i know other things happened in this scene, but it’s draco crying in the loo that really stands out. the fact that ron and hermione bop off and harry looks for malfoy on the map, finds him in the loo with myrtle, is so surprised he walks into a suit of armour and then decides HE MUST GO THERE. TO THE LOO. TO SEE MALFOY. i mean really harry this is the gryffindor thing there was no thought process there at all. aaaaand then harry sees draco crying and draco’s like hell no potter and they have an admittedly badass non-verbal duel and then harry slices draco chest open and shit gets real pronto. it’s actually a very short scene all said and done but damn afterwards i was literally sitting there like THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING i was pretty verklempt about it
- THE ASTRONOMY TOWER aaaahhhhhhh!!! aaahhhhhh!!!! it’s not even draco/harry at all, it’s just draco. and harry doing what he does best (secretly watching draco) but wow, wow, i love this scene so much. mainly because harry gets a shitload of info re: draco’s shitty life and gets to pat himself on the back because he’s so good at stalking most of his guesses were right, but also because it’s sort-of the point when harry stops seeing draco as a Schoolboy Nemesis and starts seeing him as an Actual Person and it’s v important to me. like after that he stops thinking of draco with malice entirely and is just kinda vaguely sad. it is sad. i am so sad
Oneshot | R | 60.500
Mystery | Romance | War | Angst | Post-Hogwarts/War
Muggles find out about wizards. This makes Harry feel bad. Draco doesn’t love Harry back. This makes Harry feel sad. Then there’s conspiracy and intrigue and working together and Legilimency and murder and adventure and suspicion and magical things, and all of this makes Harry feel mad. So this fic is about Harry feeling all the feelings, and then everyone else feels feelings too. Even Draco.
Holy. Crab! This is absolutely and one-hundred per cent brilliant! It’s probably one of the most interesting, complicated and thought-out-through fics I’ve read in a very long time. If ever. There are a million and one things I love about this fic; the whole non-magical’ vs. ‘muggle’ thing, the social and equality issues, how you can clearly see problems we have in the world right now with discrimination and what not, happening in this verse too, the characterizations of Harry and Draco, the plot, the ideas, the conspiracy theories, the exploitation of the Muggle/Wizards integration, all the oc’s and side characters and just GOD I love it! I love every aspect of this fic, it’s glorious, amazing and incredible! Wow, just wow!
[A bit spoilery from here]
There’s a point where Draco says: "I have changed but my morals haven’t". I really like that part, because it makes Draco even more complicated but also more human. Which both Draco and Harry are. A thing I also loved, is that it had a bit of World War Z vibe, in that we get the news of what happened in the past vs. what was happening now.
The story really makes me feel. I had to take a break quite often in the intense moments to remember that it’s just fiction and therefore not go on a killing spree and kill all muggles whom I became to hate a little. Ups. I lot of stories about apocalypses, and I know this isn’t one but it’s cutting it close, always brings me right into the story, right into the right mind set. What would I do? How would I react? And I feel them. I know what I would do. I know how I would react because the images and emotions, not just from myself but from the characters as well, rings clear as bell in my head. And that is just amazing and an incredible feeling. Brilliant done by author, but I wouldn’t expect anything else from Lettered. A huge favorite, read it you won’t regret it!
Birthday present for the lovely and wonderfully talented birdsofshore!
(I was very nervous the entire time I was drawing this.)
Draco hesitated, looked down. “My father’ll kill me if…”
"I know. This is probably not a good idea…." Harry trailed off.
Draco looked up, and oh damn. Yeah, they both knew what the smart thing was. But neither of them had ever been terribly smart when it came to each other. Why would anything have changed just because they weren’t being smart about friendship - or whatever this was - instead of hatred?
He came closer, helpless to stop and this time, Draco was the one frozen with indecision, and Harry was the one who wanted this the most, the one with the least to lose…
And then their lips met and it was like coming home.(Bond Chapter 17)
If you haven’t yet, then check out the new tagspage! Now even more expanded and detailed with more categories and subcategories that’ll make it easier to find exactly what you want to read! Aaaaaaand I made a Sex/Kinks tag too so.
Oneshot | NC-17 | 40.900
Angst | Romance | Mystery | Smut | Post-War | Post-Hogwarts
Potter has fame and fortune and posh clothes and all he wants is a simple life. Draco has a flat and a cat and a steady job and all he wants is a complicated life. Which makes you think this story has something exciting like body-swapping, but it doesn’t. Instead it has Indian takeaway and a blue jumper and people wanting a whole lot of what they can’t have, discovering themselves as they discover each other.
God what an amazing story! I have been extremely busy these last couple of weeks ad haven’t had the time or the drive for any serious fics, but this was an amazing kickstarter! Five minutes into this fic and I was sold! Draco’s mindset pulled me right into the story and never let go of me. I loved Draco (and Harry of course). They are both so human. We learn about Harry’s PTSD, about Draco’s insecurity, but also about how strong they are and how they built each other up. The funny thing about the sex parts (and there’s a lot) is that you learn so much about these two characters during those parts. You learn how strong Draco is, what he has been through. You learn how fucked up Harry is and how much he has been through, but also how much they need and love each other. It’s intense, it’s heart breaking and it’s it’s quite amazing.
[ORIGINALLY POSTED 7/4/14; LAST UPDATED 9/17/14]
Having trouble finding the perfect idea for your fic? Want to challenge yourself? Want to just get ideas? Hopefully this masterpost will be of some help!
This is perpetually under construction—if you have anything to add, let me know!
LISTS AND IDEAS FOUND ON TUMBLR
- AU ideas by Tumblr user authorkurikuri
- AU ideas by Tumblr user scamdal (1) (2)
- AU ideas by Tumblr user crowthis
- AU ideas by Tumblr user smallnico (NOTE: There seems to be more than one version of this; this is the OP, though)
- Eight Unique Plot Ideas by Tumblr user chloetherph
- Situation Ideas For Your Character by Tumblr user shackleboltrp
- Masterlist Of Dramatic Storyline Ideas by Tumblr user rp-assistant
- AU ideas by Tumblr user coffeeclint
- AU ideas by me!
LISTS AND IDEAS FOUND ON DEVIANTART
- 70 Writing Prompts by amorine on dA
- Writing prompts by Hinxight on dA (1) (2) (3)
- 100 Writing Prompts by tehuti on dA
- Writing Prompts For You by inubasket on dA
- Writing Prompts by LexicoN18 on dA
- Prompts by MyMidnightLove on dA
- 23 Writing Prompts by RayneWolfspeaker on dA
LISTS AND IDEAS FOUND ELSEWHERE
- 8 Ways To Say I Love You by R. McKinley
- Alternatives To Platonic Love
- Prompts From A Hat
- TVTropes (fair warning to those who have never been on this site: you WILL be trapped there for hours)
CHALLENGES AND BINGOS
- 30 Day OTP Challenge
- 30 Day NSFW OTP Challenge
- Horror Bingo
- Kink Bingo
- 30 Day Dark Fandom/OTP Challenge
- Trope Bingo
- Cliche Bingo
You’re not really giving me a lot to go on :/ Can you maybe give some key-points to what the story was about. If not then I can’t really do better than you would be able to do yourself sorry.
UPDATE: I made an updated masterlist rec (part 2) of new fanfictions that I’ve read since then. You can check it out here!
In honor of the holidays I decided to *finally* to make a rec list of all the Drarry fanfictions. It’ll also be up on my page in a link. Enjoy! :)
DRARRY FANFICTIONS REC
* means holiday themed as well
Truth or Dare / Games
Spell Induced Love
Post War (Draco and Harry are adults)
In honor of the
quickly endingsummer break, I decided to make a part 2 to my first fanfiction rec list I made over the holidays. I have more if you’d like; just pop me a message! Enjoy :)
DRARRY FANFICTIONS REC PT. 2
Lush Life (sequel to Lettered)
Funny / Crack(ish)
Rentboy / Prostitution
Spell-Induced/Forced Closeness Turned Love
Oneshot | NC-17 | 22.400
Smut | Humour | Infidelity | Crack (in a way) | Post-Hogwarts
Malfoy is slowly wringing the last vestiges of pleasure from Harry’s life with all his rules and committees and agendas and reports. Or is he?
God this was brilliant! I loved it, it was hilarious and very, VERY entertaining! It is definitely not a fic for every h/d shipper as it has a very strong Harry/Ginny relationship and of course there’s the whole swingerclub and BDSM thing but don’t let that scare you! I will always only rec fics that becomes h/d in the end! The swingerclub theme can make it a bit uncomfortable and awkward for some people, incl. me, and I must admit there were a few times where I had to close my eyes and count to ten, but again we’re all different in that way, and in the end it just makes the whole thing a lot more hysterically hilarious. We have again, as always with Frayach, amazing well-written characters, both Harry and Draco (poor boy, ways desperate for Harry’s attention), but also Ron, again lovely to see a mature and grown up Ron (as grown up as Ron can be of course). I need to put crack as a theme because I find some of the characters quite OOC, so just take that in.
What I loved most though was actually the big fansy, extravagant words which frankly 3/4 of them I no longer remember what means and just made me extremely confused at times, but it was funny, original and made the fic even better!
In the end, it made me laugh, giggly, squirm and put a huge smile on my face (everything quite obviously in public places, ups). It definitely has gotten a special place in my heart and will hopefully always be a fic I will remember and hold very dear. Enjoy!
whjat if like, draco didnt know what the mirror of erised was and harry made him go up to it and stood next to him and harry was like ” what do you see draco” and draco replied ” what do you mean what do i see its a mirror”